Yashi Gunawardena is a junior at Davidson College, where she is majoring in Political Science and minoring in Economics and History. Yashi is interested in US foreign policy in African and Middle Eastern nations. Working as a tutor for Syrian girls has made her especially passionate about refugee resettlement and women’s and girls’ rights. Last summer, Yashi interned at The Law Offices of William L. Geary, where she gained experience with the the justice system. Yashi is pursuing a career in international relations and is excited for this opportunity to learn more about Africa and how to create positive economic, political, and social change.
- Cardinal Baawobr’s Passing Reverberates Throughout Africa and World
- Africa’s Intensifying Emergencies: To What Fresh Assistance will the US Commit?
- AFJN’s Sr. Eucharia Madueke interviewed about gender-based violence in Nigeria
- AFJN’s Exe. Dir. Steven Rogers interviewed on AfricaNow!
- Reforming the UN Security Council: Why it must be on the US-Africa Leaders Summit Agenda
No comments to show.