AFJN is one of many organizations which signed on a letter to Assistant Secretary of State for African Affairs, Ambassador Linda Thomas-GreenField regarding the role of US Embassy officials in a land grab deal signed by the President of Cameroon. “Through cables recently obtained under a Freedom of Information Act request, we have learned that US diplomats and high-level US officials applied serious pressure on the Cameroonian government to approve the Herakles Farms project. The cables show that during her visit to Cameroon in May 2013. The cables can be found here. Furthermore, the company is registered in a tax heaven in the Cayman Island. Click here to read the full letter.
- United Nations: AFJN’s Written submission to the Peacebuilding Commission’s Ministerial Meeting
- AFJN’s Just Governance Awareness Campaign Featured in 3 News in Ghana
- AFJN in the News – Rogers on Voice of America’s Africa 54 on Niger Conflict
- ECOWAS Must Use Diplomacy Not Force to Restore Stability in the Republic of Niger
- Redefining Crisis Responses: Unveiling The Sahel Dilemma and Innovative Engagement Approaches
No comments to show.