Fr. Jim Noonon, Maryknoll Missionary from Vermont, died yesterday, May 7th, at the age of 83, from cancer. He was an extraordinary character — decent, empathetic, funny, humble, intelligent and strong. He served as the superior general of the Maryknoll Fathers & Brothers from the late 1970s-early 1980s. After his stint as superior general, he spent years working with AIDS patients in Cambodia. When he returned to the USA he served on the staff of the Maryknoll Global Concerns office in Washington DC and was a member of the Board of the Africa Faith and Justice Network. He then was missioned in South Sudan. AFJN is deeply grateful for Jim’s witness and generosity to Mission and to AFJN.
- Unveiling Truth and Inspiring Change: Survivors Uncensored
- A Diaspora Roundtable with Deputy Assistant Secretary Michael Heath Ahead of the Sierra Leone Elections
- AFJN Mourns the Passing of a Fearless Warrior for Africa – Board Member Al Gbi Toe, Sr.
- Africa Day: Pan African Liberation and Restorative Justice
- Funding Gap Projected to Undercut Sub-Saharan African Growth Says IMF Report
No comments to show.