Fr. Jim Noonon, Maryknoll Missionary from Vermont, died yesterday, May 7th, at the age of 83, from cancer. He was an extraordinary character — decent, empathetic, funny, humble, intelligent and strong. He served as the superior general of the Maryknoll Fathers & Brothers from the late 1970s-early 1980s. After his stint as superior general, he spent years working with AIDS patients in Cambodia. When he returned to the USA he served on the staff of the Maryknoll Global Concerns office in Washington DC and was a member of the Board of the Africa Faith and Justice Network. He then was missioned in South Sudan. AFJN is deeply grateful for Jim’s witness and generosity to Mission and to AFJN.
- Juneteenth: A time of celebration and reflection
- Invitation Sign on (à Signer): Letter to Pope Francis/ Lettre au Pape François Avant son voyage en Afrique en Juillet #2
- Condemnation of the Terrorist Attack Targeting Christian Churches in Nigeria
- Invitation Sign on (à Signer): Letter to Pope Francis/ Lettre au Pape François Avant son voyage en Afrique en Juillet
- Add Your Name to Letter to Pope Fancis/Signez La Lettre au Pape François
No comments to show.