The Africa Faith and Justice Network (AFJN) is so grateful for your prayers and support this year. Together we have been able to do amazing things with our partners on the continent of Africa and here at home on behalf of justice. You have been with us throughout 2020 sharing in our triumphs and also in our frustrations due to the COVID-19 restrictions. Your support enabled religious sisters in Uganda, Nigeria, and Ghana to hold in-person and online workshops with youth, religious, community members, and leaders on important issues including sexual and domestic violence against women and children and COVID-19 best practices. Your support is empowering the people of Africa to identify injustice and challenge leaders to support just governance and justice in their homes, schools, and communities. Read the AFJN eBulletins here and see all that we were able to accomplish together in 2020!
Every donation, be it $10, $25, $100 or more, is critical in furthering the mission of AFJN. Make a year-end donation today by clicking here!
In 2021, AFJN Advocacy will Focus on:
- Increasing transparency and accountability measures in aid packages to Africa
- Debt relief for countries struggling amid the COVID-19 Pandemic and other disasters
- Disaster and recovery assistance following any major natural disaster or pandemic including flooding, drought, disease, etc.
- A global response to the COVID-19 Pandemic
- Justice and just governance practices across the continent
- Ensuring those living in poverty have access to medicines and aid monies are used as intended
In 2021, AFJN’s Women’s Empower Project will:
- Hold advocacy and training events for sisters in Tanzania against human trafficking
- Continue advocacy work in Nigeria against human trafficking and violence against women and children by holding additional advocacy events, providing mentorship of those who participated in 2020’s workshops and further outreach
- Continue advocacy in Uganda on human trafficking and gender based violence
- Hold a training of sisters in the Democratic Republic of the Congo on the environment
Your end-of-year donation of $10, $50, or $100 or more will allow AFJN continue to provide these important educational and advocacy workshops in 2021. Click here to donate now!
Thank you for your support!
The Africa Faith and Justice Network is a 501(c)(3) organization. All gifts are tax deductible to the full extent of the law.