To increase electricity access in Rwanda, a 42-acre solar field was constructed on land leased from Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village 60 kilometers from Kigali. The youth village is a boarding school that houses around 500 orphans from the 1994 Rwanda genocide which left the country with 33 orphanages housing around 3,300 orphans. Today this solar field does not only meet the electricity needs of over 15,000 homes while reducing carbon dioxide emission by 8.000 tons, the lease also provides the biggest source of income for the Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village. Read more https://www.voanews.com/a/rwanda-largest-solar-field-empowers-orphans/4020662.html Photo credit: Jill Elias – Operations Associate at Agahozo-Shalom Youth Village
- Juneteenth: A time of celebration and reflection
- Invitation Sign on (à Signer): Letter to Pope Francis/ Lettre au Pape François Avant son voyage en Afrique en Juillet #2
- Condemnation of the Terrorist Attack Targeting Christian Churches in Nigeria
- Invitation Sign on (à Signer): Letter to Pope Francis/ Lettre au Pape François Avant son voyage en Afrique en Juillet
- Add Your Name to Letter to Pope Fancis/Signez La Lettre au Pape François
No comments to show.