The devastating aftermaths of Cyclone Idai which affected Zimbabwe, Mozambique and Malawi caused many individuals, organizations and countries to extend humanitarian and financial support to the people. In the midst of many humanitarian acts of service, one elderly lady’s contribution has particularly stood out profoundly and rightly so. This elderly woman in response to the devastating floods packed her donations into a sack and walked for more than 17 kilometres from Mbare to the central business district of Harare to donate her goods to a church. What is extremely profound about this is not necessarily what she gave but the heart with which she did this. She did not have much herself but that did not stop her from contributing and helping others in need. As a result of this incredibly touching and selfless act, a Zimbabwean billionaire offered to build the unidentified lady a house in any part of the country she desires and has also promised a monthly allowance of $1,000. Read the original story here
- Unveiling Truth and Inspiring Change: Survivors Uncensored
- A Diaspora Roundtable with Deputy Assistant Secretary Michael Heath Ahead of the Sierra Leone Elections
- AFJN Mourns the Passing of a Fearless Warrior for Africa – Board Member Al Gbi Toe, Sr.
- Africa Day: Pan African Liberation and Restorative Justice
- Funding Gap Projected to Undercut Sub-Saharan African Growth Says IMF Report
No comments to show.