The Democratic Republic of Congo must arrange its upcoming election itself, although the international community will help keep the peace during the polls, United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan said Tuesday during a visit to the central African country. The DRC has “an extraordinary opportunity” to get on the right path toward democracy, Annan said of the planned June elections, the first in the country in 45 years. Click herefor comments Annan made in honor of UN peacekeepers who have fallen in the DRC. CNN/Associated Press
- United Nations: AFJN’s Written submission to the Peacebuilding Commission’s Ministerial Meeting
- AFJN’s Just Governance Awareness Campaign Featured in 3 News in Ghana
- AFJN in the News – Rogers on Voice of America’s Africa 54 on Niger Conflict
- ECOWAS Must Use Diplomacy Not Force to Restore Stability in the Republic of Niger
- Redefining Crisis Responses: Unveiling The Sahel Dilemma and Innovative Engagement Approaches
No comments to show.