The Democratic Republic of Congo must arrange its upcoming election itself, although the international community will help keep the peace during the polls, United Nations Secretary-General Kofi Annan said Tuesday during a visit to the central African country. The DRC has “an extraordinary opportunity” to get on the right path toward democracy, Annan said of the planned June elections, the first in the country in 45 years. Click herefor comments Annan made in honor of UN peacekeepers who have fallen in the DRC. CNN/Associated Press
- AFJN Welcome’s Garrett Wright – 2022 Summer Intern
- Juneteenth: A time of celebration and reflection
- Invitation Sign on (à Signer): Letter to Pope Francis/ Lettre au Pape François Avant son voyage en Afrique en Juillet #2
- Condemnation of the Terrorist Attack Targeting Christian Churches in Nigeria
- Invitation Sign on (à Signer): Letter to Pope Francis/ Lettre au Pape François Avant son voyage en Afrique en Juillet
No comments to show.