Repeat elections were conducted in Fataki and Bumba following civil unrest on Sunday. In Fataki, a soldier opened fire at a polling station resulting in the death of two polling clerks. In Bumba, voters accused voting officials of being Kabila supporters and set fire to 12 voting stations. Polling stations opened late and voters did not turn out in expected numbers because of insecurity following the violence. Violence and disturbances were reported elsewhere throughout the DRC on Sunday but the Electoral Commission only mandated that elections be repeated in Fataki and Bumba.
- AFJN Welcome’s Garrett Wright – 2022 Summer Intern
- Juneteenth: A time of celebration and reflection
- Invitation Sign on (à Signer): Letter to Pope Francis/ Lettre au Pape François Avant son voyage en Afrique en Juillet #2
- Condemnation of the Terrorist Attack Targeting Christian Churches in Nigeria
- Invitation Sign on (à Signer): Letter to Pope Francis/ Lettre au Pape François Avant son voyage en Afrique en Juillet